Monday, May 4, 2009

Two more days until UB done...

I will be finishing up Vol7 in two more days... roughly, and from then, IIDX will pick up from Vol 8 and continue on...
So, I been thinking about what series to do next...
Here are a few that I am thinking,


Team Medical Dragon
A series left out in the sun, quite nice, and would be useful in my future plan's to be a premed...
Overall the series have already progressed up to Vol15, and we are left around at roughly Vol8ish, (I think).... which will mean we can seriously take our time with this... probably will be weekly in terms of releases... if not two per week... IMO, it will be a challenge with all the medical vocabulary, but will be useful later in life...;p

(Taken from Animenewsnetwork)
Plot Summary: A genius surgeon, Asada Ryutaro, is seen as a renegade in the eyes of Japanese doctors due to his methods. It follows the harsh workings of the hospital and it exposes the faults of the Japanese hospitals and how their system is not designed to actually care for patients.



Piano no Mori (Piano in the Forest)
Yet anoth
er manga left to rot... It is really a touching story in my opinion, and pretty much a slice of life... The animation quality is not as magnificent but the story does retain it to be one of the more worthwhile reads.
This have long, intric
ate dialogues, which will pose a decent challenge as well.

(Taken from Animenewsnetwork)
Plot Summary: A tranquil tale about two boys from very different upbringings. On one hand you have Kai, born as the son of a prostitute, who's been playing the abandoned piano in the forest near his home ever since he was young. And on the other you have Syuhei, practically breast-fed by the piano as the son of a family of prestigious pianists. Yet it is their common bond with the piano that eventually intertwines their paths in life.



and finally..
.
The Sacred Blacksmith
to my knowl
edge, this series was originally a Light Novel being made into a Manga, As of now, only 1 japanese Chapter was released, and to that end, it was released just a week ago... I am still having difficulties finding Raws... but... meh, Ill find it eventually... even if I have to use chinese raws.

If you have any idea on where to find the Raw for this manga, feel free to share...;p I would thank you very much...

*NEW UPDATE:... I still can't find Japanese Raws, so I may have to use the Chinese version as raw for translating... On the other hand, THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT GOING TO BE PG RATED...;p Its just like UB in term of rating, Seinen
On the other hand, it is looking quite horrendous with the sheer amount of "see through bubbles" and OOB, the story is overall a comedy, and will be quite... *cough* graphic *cough*... I should get around 10 pages of it done just for people to evaluate...soon...
STILL NEED HELP WITH RAWS...;p...Its from the Monthly Comic Alive, and it was out in the May release... (ok, I know that was like 2 days ago...xD)... My main goal for this serie will be either stable release if there is a good raw source, or try to tempt people to take up the series so I can read it...;p...so you can bet at least 1 chapter will be released

(Taken from Animenewsnetwork)

The wraparound jacket band on the fourth volume of Seiken no Blacksmith, Isao Miura's "unconventional fantasy" light novels, has announced this month that an anime adaptation and a manga adaptation has been green-lit. Artist Kōtarō Yamada (Fire Emblem: Hasha no Tsurugi, Etoile) will launch the manga in the May issue of Media Factory's Monthly Comic Alive magazine, which will ship on March 27. The first volume of the light novels was published in November 2007 with pictures by Runa, who also illustrated Miura's Jōtō light novel series.

The story takes place after an abominable war that foisted a "devil's contract" upon a land. Cecily Campbell, a former noble's daughter who joined a knighthood, encounters a man who dispatches some hoodlums with one sweep of a mysterious sword. The man possesses the power of the same "devil's contract" that has become taboo, now that peace has been restored. Cecily has been searching for a blacksmith who can repair an old sword she inherited from her father, and that mysterious young man happens to be blacksmith named Luke. This encounter launches their adventures together.

7 comments:

  1. Team Medical Dragon! Though this might have something to do with not having read the other series, I must say that Team Medical Dragon is one of my favorite non-mainstream manga. Well I have a lot of favorites, but w/e. My vote stays the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I doubt anyone have read the third one, its a new series, not an abandoned one... and the current major form is in Light Novel (words, + very few pictures, all japanese)...
    The manga looks promising, but it will be competing with the anime version... The raws are currently INSANELY hard to find, Im currently prowling the chinese websites for available japanese raws... if all else fails, Ill prob end up using chinese version as raws until there is an available scanner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked what I read of Team Medical Dragon, so I'm rooting for that one. The other two, I haven't really heard of, but will probably be nice, too.

    If I think of any other manga that I've read but the projects have stopped, I'll be sure to suggest them to you.

    It's really up to you what you do though.
    And I'm pretty good with unusual vocabulary and studying new things, so if you ever want any help with a project like that, let me know.

    MSN: Zachmmason@msn.com
    AIM: Seravix
    YAHOO: Zerathix

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to say The Sacred Blacksmith in my personal opinion, but then I'm more interested in a series with swords and fantasy than medicine or music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. team medical dragon
    i was reading it, enjoyed it, and then the chapters stopped comming. Plz do tmd so that i can keep reading it. But if you choose otherwise the others sound good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to vote for Piano in the Forest. Sounds a little different and I can't see anyone picking it up in the near future if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sacred Blacksmith looks interesting :) I'd definitely want to try your 10-page evaluation XD

    ReplyDelete